Honeywell Sensing and Productivity Solutions is pleased to announce its new VF460S High Sensitivity Latching Digital Hall-effect Sensor ICs, now available in a flat TO-92 three-pin package. This is an extension of our VF360NT and VF360ST subminiature SOT-23 surface mount sensors, and allows for through-hole soldering or direct wire attachment.
- Qualified to the AEC-Q100 standard for potential use in automotive applications
- Fastest response time in its class [1.5 μs]
- Operate from 30 Gauss typ. at 25°C [77 °F] and 55 Gauss max. over full -40 °C to 150 °C [-40 °F to 302 °F]
- Latching, repeatable magnetics (no jitter)
- No additional electronic noise generated by sensor
- Non-chopper-stabilized design
- VF460S flat TO-92-style package (1000 units per bag), while VF360NT and VF360ST offer a subminiature SOT-23 surface mount package supplied on tape and reel (3000 units per reel)
- 3 Vdc to 24 Vdc
- Built-in reverse polarity protection
- RoHS-compliant material
Value to Customers
- AEC-Q100 qualification provides enhanced reliability and quality of electronic components. Components meeting these specifications are often suitable for use in harsh automotive environments without the customer’s need for additional component-level qualification testing.
- Designed to provide reliable, consistent performance and a fast response time, enhancing efficiency in brushless dc motor (BLDC) applications.
- Designed to provide a wide supply voltage range and no chopper delay, allowing for potential use in a variety of applications.
- Designed to provide a clean output signal without the customer having to include additional circuitry to achieve noise suppression due to chopper stabilization
Potential Transportation Applications
- BLDC motor commutation for automotive applications:
Air input flap to engine, convertible roof position, electronic parking brakes, electronic window lifts and anti-pinch power window systems, HVAC blowers, headlights, power doors, mirrors and tail gates, seat motors, steering, windshield washers and wipers.
- Speed and RPM sensing: Motors and fans; tachometer and counter pickup
- Flow rate sensing
You like to learn more?
Give us a chance to win your business and get in contact with your friendly Honeywell Distributor INSED via contact-form, email oder phone.
Like to stay in contact? Subscribe to our newsletter right here: